Saturday, February 09, 2008

Crushed

ery day living and working with your significant other, you definitely start to get on each others nerves. You argue over little things and sometimes you just wish you had a little time to yourself.

That all changes when you get bad news from home and your significant other is gone 24 hours later and now you don't know what to do with yourself.

I don't know what to do with myself.

He's only been gone for 10 hours and I already feel like I have this huge piece missing from my heart.

I feel helpless here. I don't feel like I can give comfort from here, to him or to the family. Loren thought it would be best if I stayed and finished what I have been working towards but I am so adrift right now in feelings of guilt, sadness and loss that I am not sure we made the right decision.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The few better acquaintances that I have here have banded together to make sure that my mind is occupied so I am not thinking so much. I have a ton of homework to do and a ton of diving to do still before the hectic two weeks of IDC start.

He is my shelter from the storm, my rock, my love and my best friend. I miss him.

If I feel this way knowing that he will only be gone for two weeks or so, I can't even imagine how his mom is feeling, watching her husband slip away.

Please pray (if you pray or send good vibes if you don't) for Loren's stepdad, Frank. He is a loving husband and father and has helped shape Loren into the loving and wonderful man that he is. His battle has been tremendous but it's over now and he is fading fast. Please pray for a gentle passing for Frank and for comfort and love for his wife, Kelly and his children, Carrie, Loren, Paul, Alyssa and Cami.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home