Monday, July 30, 2007

Surfer Girl

I don't know if it was because I stuck around for a year or what but Loren offered to teach me how to surf this weekend. I have never really shown an interest in actually learning how to surf since big waves scare me but I thought since he offered, I might as well give it a try.

We were down in front of Malari's house, hanging out with the whole crew, when we decided it was time to head out. I looked all super cute in Loren's rash guard! I laid on the board and Loren pulled me out to the break. He said "I'm going to give you a push on the count of three. 1...2...3!"

I just laid down on the first wave to get the feel. Getting picked up and moved by the force of the water was amazing! I got to my knees on the next few waves and then on the fourth or fifth wave, I stood up! I got a short little ride in before I jumped off the board.

It was SOOOOOOOO cool! I could hear Loren whooping and hollering behind me and I saw my friends on the shoreline pumping their fists and clapping for me. It was awesome.

I got my butt handed to me the rest of the time until I finally gave up and came in to lay on the beach like I normally do while Loren surfs.

I don't think I will become a hardcore surfer...I think it would just be fun to go out when it is small. I would like to practice paddling more (for strength building purposes) because I want to be able to paddle out when the dolphins are surfing with the guys.

I loved that Loren took the time and had the patience to teach me. He was so encouraging and kept cheering me on. Just one more reason to add to the list of why I love him so much! The surf lessons were as great of an anniversary present as my ring was!

Bonus: He just called me at work and told me that he was going to get his Rasta board fixed. It would be a longboard for me and he said that it would be easier for me to paddle around on. His 9 foot longboard is tough! This is so cool because I never thought surfing would be something that I would get into but Loren seems really stoked on teaching me. After catching my first wave, I am stoked on it! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home